Successful entry of a Fortune 500 e-commerce site into the Korean market. Consulted on licensing, joint venture and regulatory compliance issues for an American real estate developer’s shopping mall joint venture in Korea. Due Diligence, drafting of shareholder agreement and the successful completion of the acquisition of a Chinese company by an American fashion brand.Successful completion of a merger of a Chinese pharmaceutical company and a Korean medical device company. Representation of a leading military defense company in all matters related to business in Korea.Korean Criminal Defense Team:
Korean Employment & Labor Law Team:
- Pro Bono: Not guilty verdict for an American military officer charged with the crime of rape in Korea.
- Not guilty verdicts for two employees of a major American defense company in a criminal prosecution in Korea.
- Not guilty verdict for an employee of American defense contractor in a sexual assault case in Korea.
- Obtained a suspended jail sentence for an employee of a company convicted of the illegal import of diamonds into the Republic of Korea.
- Not guilty verdict for a president of a company charged with the misappropriation of funds.
- Resolution of a customs enforcement matter for a leading chemical company.
- Resolution of a Tax Audit & Custom Audit for a leading food & beverage company.
- Filing of taxes for employees of the majority of our clients via an affiliated accounting firm.
Sean Hayes may be contacted at: SeanHayes@ipglegal.com.
Sean Hayes is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team at IPG Legal. He is the first non-Korean attorney to have worked for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty. Sean is ranked, for Korea, as one of only two non-Korean lawyers as a Top Attorney by AsiaLaw.
Sean's profile may be found at: Sean C. Hayes
New York attorney Sean Hayes leads IPG Legal's Korea Practice Group. He is the only foreigner to work for the Korean court system as an attorney and one of the first to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty. IPG is engaged in projects in Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Korea, Laos, Myanmar, the Philippines, Vietnam and the U.S.
Contact Sean at: SeanHayes@IPGLegal.com