Climbing In Korea
Hello CIK members!
We are planning a trekking trip to Seonjaryeong, Gangwondo on Saturday, Jan 2nd to explore a beautiful mountain covered in snow and to celebrate New Year. Seonjaryeong, which is a VERY famous winter destination, is a mountain in the county of Pyeongchang and the city of Gangneung, Gangwondo. In winter Seonjaryeong turns silvery under a blanket of snow. The snow-covered landscape surrounding the summit and Baekdudaegan boast their grandiose, unparalleled beauty.
We’re estimating the trek to be about 11km long and take about 4-5 hours. It will be mostly walking, so beginners are welcome to join us!
We hope that many will join in taking advantage of this opportunity to see a very special and also snowy, part of Korea. Don`t miss out on this great chance!! Please RSVP yes if you're interested.
Fee -20,000won by Dec 27th / 25,000won after ( Round-trip transportation) : 40 spots on the trip are first come, first served based on whoever pays first.
A few Notes:
1. Please check the headline to know how many seats are left, we will be posting announcements for the last ten spots. And as always it the First to pay gets the spot so if you want to come please pay as soon as possible!
2. Be extra careful while hiking(trekking). As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings. We also strongly suggest shoes with good traction and ankle support!
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking(trekking).
Destination: Seonjaryeong, Gangwondo
When: Saturday, Jan 2nd
Where to Meet: 8:00 am Sports complex Stn on Line 2 (#218), exit 1 outside.
8:05 Depart from Sports Complex stn on line 2 (stop # 218) , exit 1
11:00 Arrive at the trail head and start the trek
12:00 Stop for lunch during the trek. We can spend some time relaxing amidst the beautiful surroundings. Please bring a packed lunch.
16:30 Finish the trek
17:00 Depart for Seoul
21:00 Arrive back in Seoul (depending on traffic conditions)
1. Please make sure to wear layers including warm clothing. Also, crampons(eisen), gaiters(spats), hat, scarf, gloves and hiking poles will be good to bring, if you have them. There will most likely be strong winds and cold temperatures.
2. Bring plenty of hot water, lunch and walking snacks (easily digestible and high calorie content)
3. Money for Dinner(we will eat at a restaurant at the end of the hike)
Note: Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather,traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time!
--How to sign up for this trip--
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: Kookmin(KB) Bank
Account Number: 465101-01-028988
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name on your account, phone number, amount paid and for what trip.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit (Dec 27th or earlier)
48 hours to 5days before departure = 50% (Dec 28th-Dec 30th)
48 hours before departure = 0% (Dec 31st or later)
Hope to see ya there!
Seoul - Korea (South)
Saturday, January 2 at 8:00 AM