Climbing In Korea
If you like hiking as much as we do, you will fall in love with the beautiful, snowy Minjuji Mountain. On Saturday, February 20th we will hike Minjujisan and explore a beautiful mountain covered in snow. Minjujisan is the secret wonder of 3 provinces; Yeongdong in Chungbuk, Gimcheon in Gyeongbuk, and Muju in Jeonbuk.
We’re estimating the hike to be about 11km long and to take about 5-6 hours. The course is moderately easy, so beginners are welcome to join us! We hope that many people will join us and take advantage of this opportunity to see a very special and also snowy, part of Korea. Don`t miss out on this great chance; reserve your seat now!
After the hike, we will have a chance to experience wine tasting, footspa and yummy food at WINE KOREA. We will make a stop on our way back to Seoul for 1 hour and half. This could cost extra ₩20,000 - footspa costs ₩5,000 & a variety of food costs ₩15,000 - if you don’t want to participate, you may walk around the grounds and take a look at the displays and wine cellars. However all the CIKERS can taste wine for free, so you don't want to miss it!
Fee - 23,000 won by February 14th / 28,000won after (Round trip transportation ): 44 spots on the trip are first come, first served based on whoever pays first.
Hiking Course: Mulhan valley-Hwangryongsa-Minjujisan(peak-1,439m)-Seokgibong(peak)-Samdobong(peak)-Hwangryongsa-Mulhan valley
A few Notes:
1. Please check the headline to know how many seats are left, we will be posting announcements for the last ten spots. And as always it the First to pay gets the spot so if you want to come please pay as soon as possible!
2. Be extra careful while hiking. As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings. We also strongly suggest shoes with good traction and ankle support!
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking(trekking).
Destination: Minjujisan, Yeongdong, Chungcheongbuk-do
When: Saturday, February 20th 7:30am
Where to Meet: Sports complex Stn on Line 2 (#218), exit 1 outside.
7:35 Depart from Sports Complex stn on line 2 (stop # 218), exit 1
11:00 Arrive at the trail head and start the hike
12:30 Stop for lunch during the trek. We can spend some time relaxing amidst the beautiful surroundings. Please bring a packed lunch.
16:30 Finish the hike
17:00-18:30 Dinner, Footspa and Wine testing at Wine Korea
18:30 Depart for Seoul
22:00 Arrive back in Seoul (depending on traffic conditions)
1. Please make sure to wear layers including warm clothing. Also, crampons(eisen), gaiters(spats), hat, scarf, gloves and hiking poles will be good to bring, if you have them. There will most likely be strong winds and cold temperatures.
2. Bring plenty of hot water, lunch and walking snacks (easily digestible and high calorie content)
3. Money for Dinner(we will eat at a restaurant at the end of the hike or gas station on the way back to Seoul)
Note: Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather,traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time!
How to sign up for this trip:
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: Kookmin(KB) Bank
Account Number: 465101-01-028988
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at email@example.com with your full name on your account, phone number, amount paid and for what trip.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit(February 14th or earlier)
48 hours to 6days before departure = 50%(February 15th-February 17th)
48 hours before departure = 0%( February 18th or later)
Hope to see ya there!
Seoul - Korea (South)
Saturday, February 20 at 7:30 AM