Climbing In Korea
It's Spring!! It is time to soak in the panoramic wonders of Cheontaesan. On April 13th (National holiday), can you think of a better way to spend your holiday than coming with us to a fantastic hike through the beautiful Cheontaesan Mountain in Chungcheongbuk-do?
Cheontaesan, one of 100 noted Mt. in Korea, has its highest point standing at only 714,7 meters above sea level, so this hike will be great for anyone who just loves being outside. Nature lovers will agree, this mountain is a must see in Korea!
Cheontaesan, composed of fantastic rocks and stones like a silk embroidery has excellent natural sceneries, well-maintained paths for hiking, and many noted places around it. It is honored by many mountain lovers and is also in the spotlight as a hiking trail for families. There are eight prominent views of Yangsan starting with Yeongguksa temple in Cheontaesan as the first view. Many cultural properties found along the trails make the mountain more mystic. The sceneries up to the thousand-year-old Yeongguksa temple including the Yongchupokpo waterfall (three-tier cascade) pouring from fantastic rocks, stones and ginkgo tree (Natural Monument No.223), greet visitors along the way.
This will be a moderatly easy hike that should take around 4-5 hours (8km) for the round trip hike starting and ending at a famous old Yeongguksa temple. Don’t miss this excellent opportunity to spend a fantastic day with friends both new and old as you enjoy this wonderful hike and take in the breathtaking scenery.
Fee - 24,000 won by April 6th / 29,000 won after (Round trip transportation ): 40 spots on the trip are first come, first served based on whoever pays first.
A few Notes:
1. Please check the headline to know how many seats are left, we will be posting anouncements for the last ten spots. And as always it the first to pay who gets the spot so if you want to come please pay as soon as possible!
2. Be extra careful while hiking (trekking). As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings. We also strongly suggest shoes with good traction and ankle support!
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking (trekking).
5. Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
Destination: Cheontaesan Mountain, Yeongdong, Chungcheongbuk-do
Where to meet - 07:30am Sports complex Stn. Line 2 (#218), exit 1 outside.
Date - April 13th, Wednesday(National Holiday)
What to bring- a packed lunch, lots of snacks and water, some cash for dinner, suitable clothing, etc.
7:35 Depart from Sports complex stn(line 2/#218), exit 1 outside
10:20 Arrive at trail head and start trek
12:00 Stop for lunch during trek. We can spend some time relaxing amidst the beautiful surroundings. Please bring a packed lunch.
16:00 Finish the trek and have dinner at local restaurant
17:00 Depart for Seoul
20:00 Arrive back in Seoul(depending on traffic)
--How to sign up for this trip--
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: Kookmin(KB) Bank
Account Number: 465101-01-028988
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at email@example.com with your full name on your account, phone number, amount paid and for what trip.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hiker's possessions, health, and/or safety so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit (April 7th or earlier)
48 hours to 5 days before departure = 50% (April 8th- April 10th)
48 hours before departure to departure = 0% (April 11th or later)
Hope to see you there!
Seoul - Korea (South)
Wednesday, April 13 at 7:30 AM