Climbing In Korea
On Saturday, April 9th We`ll be going to Bukhansan National Park to enjoy the beautiful scenery. From Bulgwang stn, we`ll take a city bus for 30minutes to the trailhead(Bamgol). We will hike from Hidden rock to the highest peak, Baekundae(836m). From there, we will hike down to Doseonsa Temple. After an early dinner, we will take a city bus to Suyu Station on line 4.
Depending on the size and speed of the group, the hike will take about 5-6 hours and is moderately difficult with beautiful scenery. Some sections of the trail are very rocky, steep and will involve stairs and handrails. So you must be careful and know your ability. I’d recommend wearing some really good shoes with ankle support since the trail mainly covers rock. The uneven rocks make it easy for someone to trip and receive a nasty sprain. It should be a fantastic day of hiking! So don`t miss this great opportunity!
Where to meet : 09:45AM at Bulgwang Stn on Line 3 or 6 (stop #322 or 612), exit 7(outside)
We`ll take a city bus for 30 minutes to the trail head. PLEASE BE ON TIME!
Date and Time : April 9th, Saturday at 9:45am
What to bring : Appropriate footwear for hiking, Clothing appropriate for the weather, Packed lunch to eat while hiking, Snacks, Plenty of water and etc.
- Money for Dinner(we will eat at a restaurant at the end of the hike and everyone is welcome!)
A few Notes:
1. Be extra careful while hiking. As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
2. The hike will have steep sections and will involve a lot of rocky terrain, so footwear appropriate for hiking is a must.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking.
5. Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
LIABILITY : While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety.
Hope to see ya there.
Seoul - Korea (South)
Saturday, April 9 at 9:45 AM