Climbing In Korea
Hello CIK members!
On June 6th(national holiday)- It`s Time to Hike, It`s Time to Play, in Seoraksan`s Valley Way!
If you haven’t yet made it to Seoraksan, now is your chance. It is one if the best, if the not best mountain in Korea! If you have already been, you won’t need much convincing to return.
As you probably know, Seorak Mountain is one of the top 3 mountains for enjoying the fantastic views of Korea, and this particular course is along the most beautiful ridge-line of Seoraksan, well known for its breathtaking beauty.
We will trek to the North-Western side of Seoraksan. The course extends from Daeseungnyeong Pass to Namgyo-ri through Sibi(12) Seonnyeotang Basin.
This is one of the most beautiful places in Seoraksan Mountain. Waterfalls form ponds in between the rocks. We will visit the highest spot named Boksungatang Basin. It is by far the best in the 84m-long valley. Also, the 80m-high Daeseung Falls is located about 2 km from the entrance of Jangsudae in the direction of Daeseungnyeong. It is said to be one of the country’s three leading waterfalls, along with Guryong Falls in Geumgangsan Mountain and Bagyeon Falls in Gaeseong.
This is moderately easy with breathtaking views. It will be an especially great trip because this time of year you will have the opportunity to hike down along an amazing valley with some stunning waterfalls.
Hiking Course: Jangsudae(trailhead)- A 80m-high Daeseung fall-Daeseungnyeong-Sibi Seonnyeotang basin(12 basins)-Namgyori(ending point)
Travel time: 6 hours
We hope that many people will join us and take advantage of this opportunity. Don`t miss out on this great chance; reserve your seat now!
A few Notes:
1. Please check the headline to know how many seats are left, we will be posting anouncements for the last ten spots. And as always it the First to pay gets the spot so if you want to come please pay as soon as possible!
2. Be extra careful while hiking. As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings. We also strongly suggest shoes with good traction and ankle support!
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking.
5. Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
Fee: 22,000won by May 29th/ 27,000won after(Round trip transportation): 40 spots on the trip are first come, first served based on whoever pays first.
Destination : Seoraksan National Park, Gangwon-do
When : Monday, June 6th 7:15am
Where : Sports complex Stn on Line 2 (#218), exit 1 outside.
What to bring : a packed lunch, lots of snack and water, some cash for dinner, suitable clothing and Appropriate footwear for hiking, extra clothing, and etc.
-Money for Dinner (we will eat at a restaurant at the end of the hike or be stopping for dinner at a gas station on the way back to Seoul)
07:20 Depart from Sports Complex stn on line 2 (stop # 218), exit 1
10:30 Arrive at the trail head and start the hike
12:00 Stop for lunch during the trek. We can spend some time relaxing amidst the beautiful surroundings. Please bring a packed lunch.
17:00 Finish the hike & Depart for Seoul
21:00 Arrive back in Seoul (depending on traffic conditions)
--How to sign up for this trip--
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: Kookmin(KB) Bank
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name on your account, phone number,amount paid and for what trip.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit(May 30th or earlier)
48 hours to 5days before departure = 50% (June 1st-June 3rd)
48 hours before departure to departure = 0% (June 4th or later)
Hope to see ya there!
Seoul - Korea (South)
Monday, June 6 at 7:15 AM