Climbing In Korea
Dear CIK members!
If you like hiking as much as we do, you will fall in love with the beautiful and famous Sobaeksan National Park. On Saturday, May 28th we will be hiking Sobaeksan to explore the beautiful mountain covered with splendid wild azaleas. Allow the mountain to wash all of your worries away as you step out of the grey city and into the colorful fields of wild flowers and serene natural beauty.
Sobaeksan peak sits at 1,439m and is located in Danyang, Chungcheongbuk-do. Sobaeksan is constantly changing its appearance through out the year. In May and June, it is covered in a thick blanket of royal red as you stroll through the flourishing wild azaleas.
We are estimating the hike to be about 14km and should take around 6 hours to complete. The course is moderately easy, so beginners are welcome to join us! We hope that many people will join us and take advantage of this opportunity to see a very special, part of Korea. Don't miss out on this great chance; reserve your seat now!
Fee - 23,000 won by May 22nd/ 28,000won after(Round trip transportation ): 40 spots on the trip are first come, first served based on whoever pays first.
Hiking Course: Euigok Information Center-Birobong(peak-1,439m)Yeonhwabong-Heebangsa Temple(14km/6 hours)
Destination: Sobaeksan National Park, Danyang, Chungcheongbuk-do
When: Saturday, May 28th 7:15am
Where to meet: Sports complex Stn on Line 2 (#218), exit 1 outside.
What to bring- a packed lunch, plenty of hot water, walking snacks (easily digestible and high calorie content),some cash for dinner, suitable warm clothing and etc
7:20 Depart from Sports Complex stn on line 2 (stop # 218), exit 1
10:30 Arrive at the trail head and start the hike
12:30 Stop for lunch during the trek. We can spend some time relaxing amidst the beautiful surroundings. Please bring a packed lunch.
17:30 Finish the hike
17:40 Depart for Seoul
21:00 Arrive back in Seoul (depending on traffic conditions)
A few Notes:
1. Please check the headline to know how many seats are left, we will be posting anouncements for the last ten spots. And as always it the First to pay gets the spot so if you want to come please pay as soon as possible!
2. Be extra careful while hiking(trekking). As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings. We also strongly suggest shoes with good traction and ankle support!
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking(trekking).
5. Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
--How to sign up for this trip--
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: Kookmin(KB) Bank
Account Number: 465101-01-028988
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at email@example.com with your full name on your account, phone number, amount paid and for what trip.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit(May 22nd or earlier)
48 hours to 5days before departure = 50% (May 23rd-May 25th)
48 hours before departure to departure = 0% (May 26th or later)
Hope to see ya there!
Seoul - Korea (South)
Saturday, May 28 at 7:15 AM