Climbing In Korea
Let's hike at Songnisan National Park! We will hike up to Daeyasan which is a part of Songnisan National Park. We will first do a round trip hike starting and ending at a famous Yongchu waterfall, passing the most amazing scenery along the Yongchu valley. This is the most spectacular course at Daeyasan and the scenery here is really breathtaking, especially at this time of year. Also, the view from the top of Daeyasan is so marvelous that you can completely forget the hard walk up to the summit.
Daeya Mountain holds naturally blessed land in the hill of Sobaek mountain range and Ambong. This land, which displays a variety of strangely shaped rocks, is surrounded by grass to provide a majestic view. It is commonly compared to a mountain which combines Bukhansan and Dobongsan, and clear water flows down the valley throughout the four seasons. There are numerous areas of astonishing beauty around Daeyasan, but the two-tiered Yongchu Waterfalls are considered the best of the best.
We are estimating the hike to be about 10km and should take around 6 hours to complete. The course is moderately easy, so beginners are welcome to join us! We hope that many people will join us and take advantage of this opportunity to see a very special part of Korea. Don’t miss this excellent opportunity to spend a fantastic day with friends both new and old as you trek through the wonderful Daeyasan and Yongchu Valley and take in the breathtaking scenery. The scenery in this area is very beautiful, so please come along for a great relaxing day. You don’t want to miss out on this trip!
Fee - 22,000 won by August 21st / 27,000won after (Round trip transportation ): 40 spots on the trip are first come, first served based on whoever pays first.
Destination: Daeyasan & Yongchu Valley in Mungyeong, Gyeongsangbuk-do
Where to meet - 07:30am Sport complex Stn. Line2 (#218), exit 1 outside.
Date - August 27th, Saturday
What to bring- a packed lunch, lots of snack and water, some cash for dinner, suitable clothing and shoes for hiking, extra clothing, towel and etc.
7:35 Depart from Sport complex stn(line 2/#218), exit 1 outside
10:40 Arrive at the trail head and star the trek.
17:00 Finish the trek
17:30 Depart for Seoul and eat at a restaurant at the end of the hike or be stopping for dinner at a gas station on the way back to Seoul)
20:30 Arrive back in Seoul(depending on traffic)
A few Notes:
1. Please check the headline to know how many seats are left, we will be posting anouncements for the last ten spots. And as always it the First to pay gets the spot so if you want to come please pay as soon as possible!
2. Be extra careful while hiking(trekking). As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings. We also strongly suggest shoes with good traction and ankle support!
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking(trekking).
5. Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
--How to sign up for this trip--
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: Kookmin(KB) Bank
Account Number: 465101-01-028988
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name on your account, phone number, amount paid and for what trip.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit (August 21st or earlier)
48 hours to 5days before departure = 50% (August 22nd-August 24th)
48 hours before departure to departure = 0% (August 25th or later)
Hope to see ya there!
Seoul - Korea (South)
Saturday, August 27 at 7:30 AM