Climbing In Korea
Hello CIK members!
Let's hike at Daedunsan Provincial Park in fall! This mountain, located between the cities of Daejeon and Jeonju, is one of the most spectacular mountains in Korea. The scenery here is breathtaking.
This park is famous for its 50 meter suspension bridge over a deep ravine and its steep red staircase leading up the mountain. An incredible 360 degree view makes it all worth it! The hike up and down takes 5 fun hours. There are the great variety of things to see and the scenic views. The long, beautiful yet steep hike includes crossing two hair-raising suspension bridges over deep cliffs. The trail is rocky and has steep sections, so wear shoes appropriate for hiking. There is a cable car which goes halfway up the mountain for those who wish to reduce their hiking time.
The hike is only moderately difficult, with only a few steep and rocky areas. So, beginners are welcome to join us! Don't miss out; reserve your seat now! It should be a great autumn hike!
You have to sign up and pay to reserve your spot. We need your deposits to reserve the bus. First paid, first served.
Finally, please arrive early. 7:30am is the departure time so plan your travel time accordingly.
A few Notes:
1. Please check the headline to know how many seats are left, we will be posting anouncements for the last ten spots. And as always it the First to pay gets the spot so if you want to come please pay as soon as possible!
2. Be extra careful while hiking. As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings. We also strongly suggest shoes with good traction and ankle support!
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking.
5. Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
Fee: 20,000won by October 23rd/ 25,000won after-(Round trip transportation ): 84 spots on the trip are first come, first served based on whoever pays first.
1. Destination: Daedunsan, Jellabukdo
2. When: Saturday, October 29
3. Where to Meet: 7: 15am Sport complex Stn on Line 2 (#218), exit 1 outside.
7:20 Depart from Sports Complex stn
10:40 Arrive at Daedunsan National Park
12:00 Stop for lunch during trek. We can spend some time relaxing amidst the beautiful surroundings. Please bring a packed lunch.
16:20 Finish the trek
16:30 Depart for Seoul
20:30 Arrive back in Seoul (depending on traffic conditions)
5. What to Bring:
Suitable shoes, Wear layers including warm clothing (a warm coat/jacket), Packed lunch (to eat while hiking), Money for dinner (We'll stop on the way back to Seoul), Snacks, Plenty of water.
How to sign up for this trip:
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: Kookmin(KB) Bank
Account Number: 465101-01-028988
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at email@example.com with your full name on your account, phone number,amount paid and for what trip.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety.
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit(Oct 23rd or earlier)
48 hours to 5 days before departure = 50% (Oct 24th-Oct 26th)
48 hours before departure = 0% (Oct 27th or later)
Hope to see ya there!
Seoul - Korea (South)
Saturday, October 29 at 7:15 AM