Climbing In Korea
Dear CIK members!
Let's hike at Naejangsan National Park to see the autumn leaves! Naejangsan is considered one of the best places in Korea to see colorful autumn foliage, and the second weekend of November(Based on a weather report) is the peak time to see the beautiful leaves!
We will hike 3-5 peaks, and see amazing views along the way. Then, we will come down to Naejangsa temple. The hike will take around 5-6 hours and will have some steep and rocky terrain. Since this park is so famous, we expect bumper to bumper traffic on the way down. So we must be early or on time.
Options: Depending on your energy level and pace, you can turn back whenever you like. Even if you just hike a short while, the park area is so beautiful that there is a lot to see while you hang out in the park entrance area. Those who would like to come down along the way and explore the park on their own, can come down from the ridge at any time and explore the wonderful area around Naejangsa temple. There are many trails leading down from the ridges of every peak.
The hike is only moderately difficult, with only a few steep and rocky areas. So, beginners are welcome to join us! Don't miss out; reserve your seat now! It should be a great autumn hike!
A few Notes:
1. Please check the headline to know how many seats are left, we will be posting anouncements for the last ten spots. And as always it the First to pay gets the spot. So, if you want to come ,please pay as soon as possible!
2. Be extra careful while hiking. As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
3. The hike will have steep sections and will involve a lot of rocky terrain, so footwear appropriate for hiking is a must.
4. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings. We also strongly suggest shoes with good traction and ankle support!
5. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking.
6. Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
Fee: 28,000won by October 30th / 33,000won after (Round trip transportation ): 44 spots on the trip are first come, first served based on whoever pays first.--Schedule--
Destination : Naejangsan National Park.
Where to meet - 07:15am Sport complex Stn. Line2 (#218), exit 1 outside.
Date: November 5th, Saturday
What to bring- a packed lunch, lots of snack and water, some cash for dinner, suitable extra warm clothing(Jacket), hat and etc
07:20 am: Depart from Sport complex stn(line 2/#218), exit 1 outside
10:45am - Arrive at Naejangsan National Park
11:00am-Start hiking up
12: 30pm Stop for lunch during trek. We can spend some time relaxing amidst the beautiful surroundings. Please bring a packed lunch.
17:00pm Finish the hike
17:30pm Depart for Seoul
21:30pm Arrive back in Seoul (depending on traffic conditions)
How to sign up for this trip:
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: Kookmin(KB) Bank
Account Number: 465101-01-028988
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at email@example.com with your full name on your account, phone number,amount paid and for what trip.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety.
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit(October 30th or earlier)
48 hours to 5days before departure = 50% (October 31st- November 2nd)
48 hours before departure to departure = 0% (November 3rd or later)
Hope to see ya there!
Seoul - Korea (South)
Saturday, November 5 at 7:15 AM