Climbing In Korea
Oh no!!! Tomorrow is Monday. It's back to work. Boo hoo :(
But!!! How about beating those Monday blues by making Sunday such an amazing awesome day that you can spend Monday recalling the great time you shared with friends and the delicious dinner you had that will make you forget that it's Monday, and that you hate your job... Well, maybe you don't hate your job. Whatever you do, whoever you are, let's start the new working week with a head full of fun times had!
IT'S TIME TO Canoe in Winter!
Join us on Sunday to enjoy beautiful Gangwondo on a relaxing winter trip followed by an explorative canoeing paddle on the lake!!
TIME TO COOL OFF with a nice relaxing canoe trip in a jewel-like lake.
Sounds amazing right? One more thing.. FOOD! We plan to visit and take part in the local cuisine at a very famous and delicious Chuncheon Dakgalbi restaurant which has invited us for dinner! If this sounds like the trip for you, just RSVP “Yes”
Fee: 10,000won by December 4th / 15,000won after (canoeing ): 50 spots on the trip are first come, first served based on whoever pays first. Also, bring extra cash if you would like to join us for dinner afterwards.
--Canoeing in Winter--
Where to meet-Namchuncheon stn on Gyungchun line,exit 1(outside).
Date and Time: December 11th, Sunday at 11:45am
Once at Namchuncheon Station, we will be taking a free shuttle bus provided by the Dakgalbi restaurant to the canoe location. Once we arrive at the canoe location, you will be able to enjoy a 11 person canoe. The canoe trip will last around 3 hours with some additional time for an optional lesson and resting time at Animation Museum crossing the river by a 11 person canoe.
After using the canoe, we will take a free shuttle bus to go for a delicious dinner of Chuncheon Dakgalbi, which is a popular local dish, consisting of chicken with vegetables. If you are a vegetarian, you can order some noodles instead. After a full, joyful day of canoeing, lakes and delicious food we will return to Seoul around 9:00pm.
A few Notes:
1. What to bring : Appropriate footwear for canoeing, Clothing appropriate for the weather, Packed lunch to eat while canoeing, Snacks, Plenty of water and etc.
2. Be extra careful while canoeing. As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
4. Listen carefully to the organizers while canoeing.
5. Our schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
How to sign up for this trip:
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: Kookmin(KB) Bank
Account Number: 465101-01-028988
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name on your account, phone number,amount paid and for what trip.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hiker's possessions, health, and/or safety so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit(December 4th or earlier)
48 hours to 5days before departure = 50% (December 5th-December 7th)
48 hours before departure to departure = 0% (December 8th or later)
Hope to see you there.
Gangwon-do - Korea (South)
Sunday, December 11 at 11:45 AM