Climbing In Korea
UPDATE: On Dec 18th, CIK will get a little smaller. You all know him and love him,Karsten, one of CIK amazing organizers will be leaving Korea. Come join us on his last hike with CIK and lets send him off in true CIK style!! After our adventurous hike, we will go out for dinner and drinks to celebrate Karsten's stay in Korea and wish him all the best on his new endeavors. For those of you who don't want to hike on that day, we can meet at Sadang stn on line 2, exit 11, at 5:00pm.
We will go on a fun and short hike on Kwanaksan to enjoy the beautiful scenery. We will first do a round trip hike starting and ending at the trailhead, passing the amazing scenery along the Pipe ridge.
Depending on the size and speed of the group, the hike will take about 4-5 hours and is moderately easy with beautiful scenery. Some sections of the trail are very rocky, steep, and will involve the use of ropes and rails. So you must be careful. I’d recommend wearing some really good shoes with ankle support since the trail mainly covers rock. The uneven rocks make it easy for someone to trip and receive a nasty sprain. It should be a fantastic day of hiking! ^^
Where to meet : Sadang Stn on Line 2 & 4(stop # 226), exit# 5 (outside)
Date and Time : December 18th, Sunday at 12:45pm
What to bring : Appropriate footwear for hiking, Clothing appropriate for the weather, Packed lunch to eat while hiking, Snacks, Plenty of water and etc.
- Money for Dinner(we will eat at a restaurant at the end of the hike and everyone is welcome!)
A few Notes:
1. Be extra careful while hiking. As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
2. The hike will have steep sections and will involve a lot of rocky terrain, so footwear appropriate for hiking is a must.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking.
5. Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
LIABILITY : While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety.
Hope to see ya there.
Seoul - Korea (South)
Sunday, December 18 at 12:45 PM