Climbing In Korea
Hello CIK members!
On January 7th we shall be exploring the beautiful snow capped mountains of Taebaeksan. Come celebrate the New Year with us by hiking Taebaeksan (1,567m). This mountain is a VERY famous winter destination located in Taebaek city, Gangwondo. In winter Taebaeksan turns silvery under a blanket of snow. The snow-covered landscape surrounding the summit and Baekdudaegan boast their grandiose,unparalleled beauty.
We’re estimating the hike to be about 8,4km long and take about 4-5 hours. It will be mostly walking, so beginners are welcome to join us! We hope that many people will join us and take advantage of this opportunity to see a very special and also snowy, part of Korea. Don`t miss out on this great chance; reserve your seat now.
Fee - 30,000 won by January 1st / 35,000won after (Round trip transportation & park enterance fee ): 44 spots on the trip are first come, first served based on whoever pays first.
Trail Course: Yuilsa-Janggunbong-Chenjedan-Manggyeongsa-Banjae-Danggol(8,4km/4-5hrs)
A few Notes:
1. Please check the headline to know how many seats are left, we will be posting announcements for the last ten spots. And as always it the First to pay gets the spot so if you want to come please pay as soon as possible!
2. Be extra careful while hiking(trekking). As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings. We also strongly suggest shoes with good traction and ankle support!
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking(trekking).
6. Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
Destination : Taebaeksan, Gangwondo
When : Saturday, January 7th
Where to Meet: 7:45 am Sports complex Stn on Line 2 (#218), exit 1 outside.
7:50 Depart from Sports Complex stn
11:30 Arrive at the trail head and start the trek
12:00 Stop for lunch during the trek. We can spend some time relaxing amidst the beautiful surroundings. Please bring a packed lunch.
16:30 Finish the hike
17:00 Depart for Seoul and have dinner (We'll stop on the way back to Seoul)
21:30 Arrive back in Seoul (depending on traffic conditions)
1. Please make sure to wear layers including warm clothing. Also, crampons(eisen), gaiters(spats), hat, scarf, gloves and hiking poles will be good to bring,if you have them. There will most likely be strong winds and cold temperatures.
2. Bring plenty of hot water, lunch and walking snacks (easily digestible and high calorie content)
3. Money for Dinner(We'll stop on the way back to Seoul)
How to sign up for this trip:
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: Kookmin(KB) Bank
Account Number: 465101-01-028988
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at email@example.com with your full name on your account, phone number, amount paid and for what trip.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit(January 1st or earlier)
48 hours to 6days before departure = 50%(January 2nd-January 4th)
48 hours before departure to departure = 0%( January 5th or later)
Hope to see ya there!
Seoul - Korea (South)
Saturday, January 7 at 7:45 AM