Climbing In Korea
Hello CIK members!
This winter we have plans to go trekking in the valley along the ice of the Hantangang river on the same course we raft on in the summer. This will be an easy 8 km trek, which will take around 4 hours in total. What it lacks in difficulty it makes up for in unique scenery such as the unusual rock formations along both sides of the river and ice waterfalls. It is a great oppprtunity to take in Korea's wintertime scenery and have a great day with your CIK friends. The course is easy, so beginners including children are welcome to join us! You don’t want to miss out on this trip!
At the end of the hike we will all have a chance to join in on some local games, such as building ice sleds and making local crafts. After that we will all go out for a free bibimbap or noodle dinner at a local spot, before coming back to Seoul.
This will surely be a lot of fun and it is also a great chance to get out of the house and away from the city!
Fee: 6,000won by January 8th / 10,000won after (Round trip transportation & dinner): 80 spots on the trip are first come, first served based on whoever pays first
A few Notes:
1. Please check the headline to know how many seats are left, we will be posting announcements for the last ten spots. And as always it the First to pay gets the spot. So, if you want to come ,please pay as soon as possible!
2. Be extra careful while hiking. As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings. We also strongly suggest shoes with good traction and ankle support!
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking.
5. Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
6. Bring extra cloths, just in case you get a bit wet.
Destination: Hantangang river, Cheorwon, Gangwondo
When: Saturday, January 14th 9:00am
Where to meet: Sports complex Stn on Line 2 (#218), exit 1 outside.
9:05 Depart from Sports Complex stn on line 2 (stop # 218), exit 1
11:00 Arrive at the trail head and start the trek
12:00 Stop for lunch during the trek. We can spend some time relaxing amidst the beautiful surroundings. Please bring a packed lunch.
16:00 Finish the trek and free dinner
18:00 Depart for Seoul
20:00 Arrive back in Seoul (depending on traffic conditions)
What to bring:
Please make sure to wear extra warm clothing and socks, hot water, drinking water, food for lunch and snacks, Crampons are recommended for this trip, but are not necessary.
Note: Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time!
How to sign up for this trip:
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: Kookmin(KB) Bank
Account Number: 465101-01-028988
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name on your account, phone number, amount paid and for what trip.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit(January 8th or earlier)
48 hours to 5 days before departure = 50%(January 9th- January 11th)
48 hours before departure to departure = 0%(January 12th or later)
Hope to see ya there!
Seoul - Korea (South)
Saturday, January 14 at 9:00 AM