Climbing In Korea
Hello CIK members!
Its Saturday, you’ve been working hard all week and its time to play. So why not come join us at CIK, this week we will be traveling to the beautiful Gangwondo for a day trip that wont leave you disappointed. To start the day we will be embarking on a gorgeous hike which would amaze even the seasoned hikers. After a fun hike we will take a free shuttle bus to go for a delicious dinner of Chuncheon Dakgalbi, which is a popular local dish, consisting of somewhat spicy chicken with vegetables(Estimated 10,000won per person for dinner). If you are a vegetarian you can order some noodles instead. After enjoying a full day of enjoying mountains and delicious food we will return to Seoul around 9:00pm.
Here are the full details:
We'll meet at Sangbong Station((line 7/#720), Gyeongchun Line, Platform #5(2nd car from the rear of the train). We will be meeting everyone at 10:00am. Make sure that you are early because the station is rather confusing to navigate your first time. Once we are all together we will be taking the train to Gangchon Station in Chuncheon. Please note that the train leaves at 10:14am sharp whether you are there or not we have to go. Please note that the next doesn't come until 10:39am so please be on time if you want to join us! If you cannot find us on the platform take the 10:14am get on the train and meet us at Gangchon Station.
Date & Time: Sat, December 10th, at 10:00am
Once at Gangchon Station in Chuncheon (roughly around 11:20am). we will be taking a free shuttle bus provided by Dakgalbi restaurant to the trail head of Samaksan. Around 11:50am we will begin hiking beautiful Samaksan from Sangwonsa temple. Samaksan is 654 meters high and has several steep valleys and unique rock formations covered with thick forests. From the top of the mountain you'll get the stunning view of all of Chuncheon city, Uiam lake and Bukhan river. We estimate that the hiking is going to be about 7km long and take about 4-5 hours. Since the course is moderately difficult, so beginners are welcome to join us! Don't miss out;
A few Notes:
1. What to bring : Appropriate footwear for hiking, Clothing appropriate for the weather, Packed lunch to eat while hiking, Snacks, Plenty of water and etc.
2. Please bring admission fee(Sangwonsa temple): Individuals- Adults 1,600won / Groups (more than 30 people): Adults 1,400won
3. Be extra careful while hiking. As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
4. The hike will have steep sections and will involve a lot of rocky terrain, so footwear appropriate for hiking is a must.
5. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
6. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking.
7. Our schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
Hope to see ya there.
Seoul - Korea (South)
Saturday, December 10 at 10:00 AM