Climbing In Korea
I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas and Santa brought you all the gifts you wanted.
Perhaps he brought you a new set of hiking boots? a new bicycle helmet? Whatever Christmas brought you, let's get set for a great trip to Gyeongju!
Are you ready for a great historical & cultural trip to Gyeongju on December 29th-30th during winter vacation?
This will be a fun trip combining history & culture with trekking and bike riding. Because CIK is such a wonderful group we have been personally invited by a local biking tour company to experience the sights of Gyeongju on bike!
The Silla Kingdom
We are planning a special trip for 1 night and 2 days to Gyeongju, which was the capital city of Silla for 992 years and once called Seorabeol. Experience the history of the thousand-year-old Silla Kingdom by visiting this UNESCO-designated city. The evergreen spirit of Silla has been alive here for nearly a thousand years and will leave you amazed at the traditional and historic beauty of this picturesque city.
We have been invited by the local biking tour company to visit the famous spots and enjoy the cultural experiences by biking there. We will be staying in a traditional Ondol style pension with 4 persons each room. Please bring food like meat, noodles and vegetables for cooking. The pension will provide cookware for you to use.
**This trip may be cancelled if there are less than 20 people joining us so we need at least 20 members for this trip!**
Please RSVP yes if you're interested!
Don’t miss this excellent opportunity to spend a fantastic day with friends both new and old as you enjoy wonderful activities and take in the breath-taking and cultural scenery.
We will depart from Seoul on Thursday morning at 7:15am. As soon as we arrive, we will rent bicycles and visit various famous ancient places on the first day. The following day we will have time to go Gyeoungju National Museum and head back to Seoul. Also, at night we will visit the famous night market and enjoy the night scenery and watching the sun set on this marvelous trip.
You can check out more information here:
*We hope to see you there!*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Fee: 50,000 won(30 spots available for the trip on a first come, first served basis) The fee above includes round-trip transportation, accommodations for one night, Biking and entrance fees.
A Few Notes:
1. Please check the headline to know how many seats are left, we will be posting announcements for the last ten spots. As always, the first to pay gets the spot so if you want to come please pay as soon as possible!
2. Meals: We recommend that you cook your own meals at the pension. Otherwise, a local restaurant will be available.
3. Important: CIK highly recommends taking our travel/accident insurance if you haven't already done so.
4. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on this event, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
5. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking(trekking). Be careful while participating in all special activities.
6. Schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
Destination - Gyeongju, Gyeongsangbuk-do
Where to meet - 07:15am Sports complex Stn. Line2 (#218), exit 1 outside.
Date - December 29th-30th(Thur and Fri)
What to bring - extra warm clothes, toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.), towel, gloves, hat, water, and snacks, appropriate footwear
1st Day (Dec 29th)
7:20am Depart from Sport complex stn(line 2/#218), exit 1 outside
13:30pm Arrive at Gyeongju
13:30-17:00pm Biking Tour(Bomun Lake Resort-General Kim Yu Sin Tomb-Cheonmachong-Poseokjeong-Bomun Lake Resort)
17:00-20:00pm Night Tour(Gyochon Village-Gyerim Forest-Cheomseongdae-Anapji Pond(Beautiful pond Garden of Palace) and dinner
20:00-21:00pm Night Market expereinece
21:00pm: Clean up and free time
2nd Day (Dec 30th)
05:30-06:00am Move to Bulguksa Temple for wactching the sunrise.
06:20-07:20am Watch the sunrise at Seokguram Observatory(Tohamsan)
07:30-09:00am Breakfast and showering,etc.
09:20-11:30am Visit to Gyeongju National Museum
11:30-13:00pm Free time and depart for Seoul
17:30pm Arrive back in Seoul(depending on traffic)
How to sign up for this trip:
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: Kookmin(KB) Bank
Account Number: 465101-01-028988
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and phone number.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety, so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit (Dec 23rd or earlier)
48 hours to 5 days before departure = 50% (Dec 24th-Aug 26th)
48 hours before departure to departure = 0% (Dec 27th or later)
Seoul - Korea (South)
Thursday, December 29 at 7:15 AM