Climbing In Korea
Hello CIK members!
On May 13th we will go on a difficult but exciting hike at Kwanaksan to enjoy the beautiful scenery. From the trailhead, walk through 6 bong( 6 small peaks) ridge and make your way up to the highest peak(Yeonjudae/632m) and then come back down through Pipe ridge heading toward Sadang.
Depending on the size and speed of the group, the hike will take about 5 hours and is moderately difficult with beautiful scenery. Some sections of the trail are very rocky, steep, and will involve the use of ropes and rails. So you must be careful and know your ability. I’d recommend wearing some really good shoes with ankle support since the trail mainly covers rock. The uneven rocks make it easy for someone to trip and receive a nasty sprain. It should be a fantastic day of hiking! ^^
Where to meet- Government Complex Gwacheon Stn on Line 4(stop # 439), exit 7 outside
When-May 13th, Saturday at 10:15am
What to bring- Wear layers, including warm clothing (a warm coat/jacket), Packed lunch (to eat while hiking), Snacks, Plenty of water
-Money for Dinner(we will eat at a restaurant at the end of the hike)
A few Notes:
1. Be extra careful while hiking. As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
2. The hike will have steep sections and will involve a lot of rocky terrain, so footwear appropriate for hiking is a must.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking.
5. Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety.
Hope to see ya there.
Gyeonggido - Korea (South)
Saturday, May 13 at 10:15 AM