Climbing In Korea
Let`s go to trek and bike along a gorgeous lake and coastal trail in Gangneung !!
We are planning a special trip for 1 night and 2 days to Gangneung. We will bike the trail which is a human and nature-friendly course.
You can enjoy Geumgang pine trees, the Gyeongpoho Lagoon (which also goes by the name "Lake of Mirror") and visit to Heo Nanseolheon Memorial Park, The Gangneung Local Confucian House, The Ojukheon House etc.
This will be a fun trip combining trekking and bike riding along a route with pine trees, The Gyeongpoho lake and a coastal trail. Because CIK is such a wonderful group we have been personally invited by the Korea Tourism Organization to experience the sights of Gangneung by biking and trekking. Also,we will be staying in a traditional Ondol style pension with 2-4 persons in each room.
Please RSVP yes if you're interested!
Don’t miss this excellent opportunity to spend fantastic days with friends both new and old as you enjoy many wonderful activities and take in the breath-taking scenery with the Korea Tourism Organization !
Fee – 30,000 KRW: Round-trip transportation(Seoul-Gangneung), Accomodation for 1 night, 3 meals, A bicycle & helmet , and a gift coupon worth 30,000 KWR for a local market.
This event is meant to encourage participation from a variety of countries, so that we can all share and enjoy camping cultures from each country.
This trip has a limit of 20 spots reserved for foreigners, and 5 spots reserved for Koreans.
A few Notes:
1. Please check the headlines to know how many seats are left, we will be posting announcements for the last ten spots. As always, the first to pay gets the spot so if you want to come please pay as soon as possible!
2. Important: the Pyeongchang county highly recommends taking our travel/accident insurance if you haven't already done so.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and be careful while participating in all special activities.
5. Schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, etc. Please be flexible. We are all here to have a good time.
Destination: Gangneung, Gangwon-do..
Where to meet - 06:45am Sports complex Stn. Line2 (#218), exit 6 outside.
Date - May 27-28th, Saturday & Sunday
What to bring - extra warm clothes, toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.), towel, hat, water, snacks and appropriate footwear etc
1st day(May 27th)
07:00am: Depart from Sports Complex Stn(line 2/#218), outside exit 6
10:00 am: Arrive at Gangneung
10:00-12:30pm: Gangneung Walk Festival (Heo Nanseolheon Memorial Park-Anmok Harbor-5km)
12:30-13:30pm : Lunch (provided)
13:30-14:10pm: Move to Biking spot
14:10-14:30pm: You will receive a bicycle & helmet (Warm up and stretching before riding)
14:30-17:30pm: Biking along gorgeous lake and coastal trail (17km)
18:00pm Dinner( provided) and organise accomodation (2 - 4 people to each room)
19:00pm~ Clean up and free time
2nd day(May 28th)
06:30-08:00am: Breakfast (provided)
08:00- 08:30am: Get on the bus
08:30-09:00 Move to Tour Place as outlined below.
09:30-12:00pm: Trekking along pine trees and the Gyeongpoho(5km) , Visit to Pyengchang Winter Olympic Promotion Museum, The Ojukheon House etc
12:00-14:30pm: Lunch-visit Gangneung traditional market and use 30,000 KRW gift coupon
15:00pm Depart for Seoul
18:00 Arrive back in Seoul (depending on traffic)
--How to sign up for this trip--
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: NongHyup(NH) Bank
Account Number: 356-1117-5811-13
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at email@example.com with your full name,nationality and phone number.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety, so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit(May 21st or earlier)
48 hours to 5days before departure = 50% (May 22nd-May 24th)
48 hours before departure to departure = 0% (May 25th or later)
Hope to see ya there!
Seoul - Korea (South)
Saturday, May 27 at 6:45 AM