Climbing In Korea
Seoraksan is the highest mountain in the Taebaek mountain range in the Gangwon Province in eastern South Korea. It is located in a national park near the city of Sokcho. After the Hallasan volcano on Jeju Island and Jirisan in the south, Seoraksan is the third highest mountain in South Korea. The Daechongbong Peak (대청봉) of Seoraksan reaches 1,708 meters (5,603 feet). The Taebaek mountain chain is often considered the backbone of the Korean peninsula.
Perhaps the most visited part of the mountain is the main entrance valley to the National Park, a fifteen-minute drive from Sokcho city. The valley runs west to east with a paved road leading up to the park's entrance gate. This valley contains many beautiful sites and is well worth a day visit.
We have prepared a schedule to enjoy the sunrise and the dinosaur ridge overlooking the East Sea which is the highlight of Mt. Sorak.
Hangyeryeong->Daecheongbong(peak) about 8km
jungcheong shelter->huiungak shelter->dinosaur ridge->sogongwon about 14km
"Dinosaur ridge is a difficult course, so you need a strong stamina."
07:00 Sports Complex Station on line 2, Exit # 1 (outside)
07:00 ~ 11:00 go to Soraksan(We provide breakfast)
11:30 ~ 17:00 from oseak to peak.
17:00 ~ 18:00 go to shelter(jungchung shelter)
18:00 ~ dinner(Korea food) and sleep in shelter(We provide dinner)
06:00 Wake up and sunrise
06:00 ~ 07:30 go to heungak shelter and breakfast
07:30 ~ 14:00 dinosaur ridge
14:00 ~ lunch(we provide korea raw fish, go to beach)
16:00 ~ go to seoul
Transportation may vary depending on the number of applicants.
membership fee : 120,000 won
we are ready
- reservation of shelter 1night(shelter is heated)
- 3 meals
- all transportation(24 person luxury bus)
- soraksan Trekking guide
- First aid
- 3 meals
- ID Card(Required for shelter entry)
- Backpack with some empty space(We share the behavior food)
- Climbing shoes(trekking is prohibited if you are not ready)
- Preparing for rain
- A 24-seater bus is provided for a relaxing stay.
- You need a strong stamina because you have to walk more than 20km.
- Leaders can order go down for your safety.
- For your safety, three leaders guide you through the entire course
- Detailed preparations will be updated
- If we can not join more than 16 people, there may be a change of transportation.
- To attend, you must off on Monday, May 22th
--How to sign up for this trip--
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: shin ho young
Bank: woori Bank
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at email@example.com with your full name on your account, phone number, amount paid and for what trip.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit (may 14th or earlier)
48 hours to 5days before departure = 50% (May 15th-May 18th)
48 hours before departure to departure = 0% (May 19th or later)
Hope to see ya there!
Seoul - Korea (South)
Sunday, May 21 at 7:00 AM