Climbing In Korea
We are planning a special day trip to Gangneung. We will trek on a road which is a human and nature-friendly trekking course. This will be a fun trip walking along and enjoying the beautiful scenery.
You can enjoy viewing Geumgang pine trees, the Gyeongpoho Lagoon (which also goes by the name "Lake of Mirror,") and visit to Heo Nanseolheon Memorial Park, The Gangneung Local Confucian House, The Ojukheon House etc.
Because CIK is such a wonderful group we have been personally invited by the Korea Tourism Organization to experience the sights of Gangneung on this walk and tour!
Please RSVP yes if you're interested!
Don’t miss this excellent opportunity to spend a fantastic day with friends, both new and old as you enjoy many wonderful activities and take in the breath-taking scenery with the Korea Tourism Organization!
Fee – 20,000 KRW: This includes round-trip transportation (Seoul-Gangneung), and local market gift 20,000 KRW coupon, snack.
This event is meant to encourage participation from a variety of countries, so that we can all share and enjoy cultures from each country.
This trip has a limit of 20 spots reserved for foreigners, and 20 spots reserved for Koreans.
A few Notes:
1. Please check the headlines to know how many seats are left, we will be posting announcements for the last ten spots. As always, the first to pay gets the spot so if you want to come please pay as soon as possible!
2. Important: the Pyeongchang county highly recommends taking our travel/accident insurance if you haven't already done so.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and be careful while participating in all special activities.
5. Schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, etc. Please be flexible. We are all here to have a good time.
Destination: Gangneung, Gangwon-do..
Where to meet - 06:45am Sports complex Stn. Line2 (#218), exit 6 outside.
Date - May 27th, Saturday
What to bring - extra warm clothes, water, snacks, appropriate footwear and etc
07:00am: Depart from Sport Complex Stn (line 2/#218), outside exit 6
10:00 am: Arrive at Gangneung
10:00-12:30pm: Gangneung Walk Festival (Heo Nanseolheon Memorial Park-Anmok Harbor-5km)
12:30-14:30pm : Lunch-visit Gangneung traditional market and use 20,000 KRW gift coupon.
12:30-15:00pm: Get on the bus and move to next destination.
15:00-16:00pm: Visit to Pyengchang Winter Olympic Museum, The Gangneung Local Confucian House and The Ojukheon House
16:30pm Depart for Seoul
19:30pm Arrive back in Seoul (depending on traffic)
--How to sign up for this trip--
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: NongHyup(NH) Bank
Account Number: 356-1117-5811-13
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name,nationality and phone number.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety, so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit(May 21st or earlier)
48 hours to 5days before departure = 50% (May 22nd-May 24th)
48 hours before departure to departure = 0% (May 25th or later)
Hope to see ya there!
Seoul - Korea (South)
Saturday, May 27 at 6:45 AM