Climbing In Korea
Let's go see crocodiles from the top of the mountain!
We are planning a very special short and fun hike to Bibongsan (531m) and Crocodile peak (448m), located in Chungcheongbuk-do on June 17th (Sat). First, we will climb Bibongsan which has a slight and smooth incline without rocky terrain. From the top, you can see the entire city of Jecheon and a beautiful lake which offers a breathtaking view. We will spend about 3 hours at Bibongsan and then take a 40-minute bus ride to Crocodile peak. This should be a simple hike taking about 2 hours up and down. When you reach Crocodile peak, you will be able to see seven or eight enormous crocodiles swimming towards the lake. What a magical view! It should be a great place to spend the day! Don’t miss this excellent opportunity to spend a fantastic day with friends both new and old as you enjoy this wonderful hike and take in the breathtaking scenery.
Fee - 25,000 won by June 11th / 30,000 won after (Round trip transportation): 44 spots on the trip are first come, first served based on whoever pays first.
A few Notes:
1. Please check the headline to know how many seats are left, we will be posting announcements for the last ten spots. And as always the first to pay gets the spot so if you want to come please pay as soon as possible!
2. Be extra careful while hiking (trekking). As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings. We also strongly suggest shoes with good traction and ankle support!
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking (trekking).
5. Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
Destination: Jecheon & Chungju, Chungcheongbuk-do
Where to meet - 7:15am Sport Complex Stn. Line2 (#218), exit 1 outside
Date - June 17th, Saturday
What to bring- a packed lunch, plenty of water, walking snacks (easily digestible and high calorie content), some cash for dinner, suitable clothing and etc.
7:20 Depart from Sport complex stn (line 2/#218), exit 1 outside
10:00 Arrive at trail head (Bibongsan) and start trek
12:00 Stop for lunch during trek. We can spend some time relaxing amidst the beautiful surroundings. Please bring a packed lunch.
14:00 Arrive at trail head (Crocodile peak) and start trek
16:00 Finish the trek and eat at a restaurant at the end of the hike or be stopping at a gas station on the way back to Seoul
17:00 Depart for Seoul
20:00 Arrive back in Seoul (depending on traffic)
--How to sign up for this trip--
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: NongHyup(NH) Bank
Account Number: 356-1117-5811-13
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at email@example.com with your full name and phone number.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hiker's possessions, health, and/or safety so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit (June 11th or earlier)
48 hours to 5 days before departure = 50% (June 12th - June 14th)
48 hours before departure to departure = 0% (June 15th or later)
Hope to see you there!
Seoul - Korea (South)
Saturday, June 17 at 7:15 AM