Climbing In Korea
Dear CIK members,
On Saturday, April 1st, we`ll be going to the amazing brotherhood of mountains - Ungilsan (610m), Jeokgapsan(561m) and Yebongsan(561m) all within the same day in Namyangju, Gyunggi-do. These mountains are known as a railway hiking course. People arrive by train and then follow a hiking course around rivers. What's better than enjoying rivers and mountains at the same time?
Both on the way and the way down, we will see the scenery of the serene Bukhan and Namhan rivers, which lay below the peak. Bukhan river, a tributary of the Han river joins with the Namhan river in Dumulmeori. “Dumulmeori”is Yangsu-ri’s Korean name, meaning“the place where two stems of river meet. "The 400-year-old zelkova tree and the wet early morning fog create a beautiful scene in the nature. Dumulmeori was widely introduced to many people as the background set of many films, commercials, and TV dramas. Among all,“First Love,”one of the most popular TV dramas of the 1990s, was shot here.
We will head to the top of Ungilsan(610m), hitting Jeokgapsan(561m) and Yebongsan(561m) along the way, depending on the size and speed of the group, and then come back down heading toward Paldang stn.
We’re estimating the hike to be about 12.3 km long and take about 6 hours. This hike is moderately difficult. so beginners are welcome to join us! It should be a fantastic day of hiking so don`t miss this great opportunity!
Where to Meet : Ungilsan station (Jungang line /#K129), exit # 1.
Date and Time : April 1st, Saturday at 10:45am
What to bring : Appropriate footwear for hiking, Clothing appropriate for the weather, Packed lunch to eat while hiking, Snacks, Plenty of water and etc.
-Money for Dinner(we will eat at a restaurant at the end of the hike and everyone is welcome!)
A few Notes:
1. Be extra careful while hiking. As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
2. The hike will have steep sections and will involve a lot of rocky terrain, so footwear appropriate for hiking is a must.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking.
5. Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
LIABILITY : While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety.
Hope to see ya there.
Gyunggi-do - Korea (South)
Saturday, April 1 at 10:45 AM