Climbing In Korea
Can you think of any better way to spend our hard earned weekend then coming with us to a fantastic hike through the beautiful Chilgapsan Provincial Mountain in Chungcheongnam-do. Chilgapsan Mountain, highest point stands only about 561 meters above sea level, so this hike will be great for anyone who just love being outside. These mountain are well known for their lush forests an rolling hills as fall as the eye can see.
Cheonjangho Suspension Bridge
Cheonjangho Suspension Bridge, is 207m long and about 1.5m wide, and is one of the longest suspension bridge in Korea. After passing through the granitic 16m high chilli pepper towers shaped towers, hikers can enjoy the excilirating experiance of walking across a very bouncy yet save suspension bridge along with getting a chance to and take some fantastic pictures of the stunning landscape below. On the other side of the bridge hikers will be greated by a massive hand carved dragon and tiger statues of dragons before making their way further down the hiking trail toand a tiger, as they make their way to Cheonjangro toward Chilgapsan Mountain.
Chilgapsan Jangseung Park
Many legends and traditions related to jangseung, or Korean traditional totem pole, are told about this area. These legends have been have been passed down through out the the ages and still are said to be true today. This place is known to have the best-preserved jangseung culture in the country. Many people who come here through out the year love take part in local festivals such as the Chilgapsan Jangseung Festival. This festival was first started in May 1999 with an aim to preserve and pass and the jangseung culture. At the end of our hike, you can see and experiance these massive totem poles called Chilgapsan Daejanggun (General) and Chilgapsan Yeojanggun (Female General), reaching the height of 11.5m, as well as other types of jangseung from all over the country. It is a great place to go with your entire family and learn about the folk culture of Korea.
This will be very easy hike that should take around 4 hours to cross from one side of the mountain to the other. Don’t miss this excellent opportunity to spend a fantastic day with friends both new and old as you trek through the wonderful Suspension Bridge and take in the breath taking scenery.
Fee - 25,000 won by Mar 19th / 30,000won after (Round trip transportation ): 44 spots on the trip are first come, first served based on whoever pays first.
A few Notes:
1. Please check the headline to know how many seats are left, we will be posting anouncements for the last ten spots. And as always it the First to pay gets the spot so if you want to come please pay as soon as possible!
2. Be extra careful while hiking(trekking). As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings. We also strongly suggest shoes with good traction and ankle support!
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking(trekking).
5. Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
Destination: Chilgapsan Provincial Mountain, Chungcheongnam-do
Where to meet - 08:00am Sport complex Stn. Line2 (#218), exit 1 outside.
Date - March 25th, Saturday
What to bring- a packed lunch, lots of snack and water, some cash for dinner, suitable clothing and etc.
8:05 Depart from Sport complex stn(line 2/#218), exit 1 outside
10:40 Arrive at trail head and start trek
12:00 Stop for lunch during trek. We can spend some time relaxing
amidst the beautiful surroundings. Please bring a packed lunch.
15:30 Finish the trek and have dinner at local resturant
17:00 Depart for Seoul
20:00 Arrive back in Seoul(depending on traffic)
--How to sign up for this trip--
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: Kookmin(KB) Bank
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name on your account, phone number, amount paid and for what trip.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit (March 19th or earlier)
48 hours to 5days before departure = 50% (March 20th-March 22nd)
48 hours before departure to departure = 0% (March 23rd or later)
Hope to see ya there!
Seoul - Korea (South)
Saturday, March 25 at 8:00 AM