Climbing In Korea
Let`s go to Pyeongchang Camping Festival!
Do you have the Winter Olympic spirit in you? Come to Pyungchang to experience a HOCKEY GAME, experience the prestine nature CAMPING and tour the CULTURE of Pyungchang all in 2 days for FREE!
This trip will be completely sponsored by Pyeongchang County, which is located in the easternmost part of Gangwon –do, and the Korea Tourism Organization.
We will depart from Seoul Saturday morning at 08:45am. As soon as we arrive, we will unpack at Solsum (솔섬) camping ground at Pyeongchang, which has beautiful scenery of the forest. As guests to this festival, we will be treated with welcome events, lunch and orientation ceremony to enjoy and experience the exotic charm of Pyeongchang. Participants will enjoy concerts, recreational games, festival video recording, outdoor movie, local market visit (10,000KRW coupon), scenic tour and trekking and a free hockey exhibition game.
Please RSVP yes if you're interested!
Don’t miss this excellent opportunity to spend fantastic days with friends both new and old as you enjoy many wonderful activities and take in the breath-taking scenery with Pyeongchang county!
Fee – Free and 10,000 KRW deposit (to be reimbursed on return), Round-trip transportation(Seoul-Pyeongchang), Camping equipment for 1 night , 3 meals, local market gift 10,000 KRW coupon, music performance, and various experience programs.
This event is meant to encourage participation from a variety of countries, so that we can all share and enjoy camping cultures from each country.
This trip has a limit of 120 spots reserved for foreigners, and 30 spots reserved for Koreans.
A few Notes:
1. As this is camping, it requires some coordination. You will need to bring your personal supplies, but camping equipment will be provided, such as tent, sleeping bag, mat, lantern, etc.
2. Please check the headlines to know how many seats are left, we will be posting announcements for the last ten spots. As always, the first to pay gets the spot so if you want to come please pay as soon as possible!
3. Important: the Pyeongchang county highly recommends taking our travel/accident insurance if you haven't already done so.
4. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
6. Listen carefully to the organizers and be careful while participating in all special activities.
9. Schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, etc. Please be flexible. We are all here to have a good time.
Please note that this trip will be completely sponsored by Pyeongchang county.
For this reason, we may be invited to attend a brief meeting with the governor of Pyeongchang county and be photographed or filmed for promotional purposes of Pyeongchang. If you don’t feel comfortable with any part of this sponsorship, we strongly ask you not to participate in this particular trip. In other words, your participation in this event will be automatically considered as your consent to this sponsorship.
Please also keep in mind that while CIK organizers have your best interests in mind, and we do our utmost to be respectful of your time and look out for you, we are NOT a professional tour group. We volunteer our time to make the trip enjoyable for all of our members.
Destination: Pyeongchang, Gangwon-do..
Where to meet - 08:45am Sports complex Stn. Line2 (#218), exit 1 outside.
Date - April 8th, Saturday
What to bring- extra warm clothes, toiletries, towel, water, snacks and appropriate footwear, cooking set if available, water, lantern and etc
1st day(April 8)
08:50am: Depart from Sport Complex Stn(line 2/#218), outside exit 1
12:00-13:30 pm: Arrive at Pyeongchang and attend Welcome Ceremony, Music performance and Consert, Lunch, Set up our tent, and collect provided camping equipment, Each tent will have 4 occupants)
13:30-14:00pm: Welcome Ceremony/ Olympic Boom promotion
15:00-18:00pm : Visit hockey game (Winter Olympic test event), coastal trail and dinner(Dinner will not be provided)
20:30-22:00pm: International recreation event, sharing global campaign cultures, "Goblin" popular TV Series (도깨비) OST concert
2nd day(April 9th)
09:00- 09:30am: Global camping yoga
09:30- 11:30am: Camping safety training
11:30- 13:00pm: Lunch
13:00- 15:30pm : Visit Pyungchang traditional market with 10,000 KRW gift coupon
15:30pm Depart for Seoul
19:00 Arrive back in Seoul(depending on traffic)
--How to sign up for this trip--
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to: 10,000 KRW deposit (to be reimbursed on return)
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: Kookmin(KB) Bank
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name,nationality and phone number.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety, so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
5 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit ( April 2nd or earlier)
April 3rd or after: No refund, No exceptions!
Hope to see ya there!
Seoul - Korea (South)
Saturday, April 8 at 8:45 AM