Climbing In Korea
On Saturday, March 18th this week's adventure is to go to the amazing brotherhood of mountains in and around Seoul - Dobongsan (740m) and Sapaesan(552m) all within the same day.
This hike is expected to take about 6 hours and is moderately difficult with beautiful scenery. We will hike the Y Valley course to Sinsundae(peak), and then back to Dobongsan stn and eat dinner together at a restaurant.
Some sections of the trail are very rocky, steep and will involve stairs and handrails. So you must be careful and know your ability. The Y valley course is very steep going up and down, but it isn’t very difficult to stay in control. There are also handrails along the Valley course to help you. It`s very interesting and beautiful other course. However, you should still have hiking shoes since most of the trail involves climbing on rocks. It should be a fantastic day of hiking so don`t miss this great opportunity!
Meeting Place: Hoeryong Stn on line 1 (stop # 111), Exit 2
Date and Time: March 18th, Saturday at 10:15am
Difficulty : moderate/difficult
Altitude : Dobongsan-740m(2,427ft) / Sapaesan-552m(1,811ft)
Distance : about 10km
Estimated trip time: 6 hours(including lunch time)
What to bring : Appropriate footwear for hiking, Clothing appropriate for the weather, Packed lunch to eat while hiking, Snacks, Plenty of water and etc.
- Money for Dinner(we will eat at a restaurant at the end of the hike and everyone is welcome!)
A few Notes:
1. Be extra careful while hiking. As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
2. The hike will have steep sections and will involve a lot of rocky terrain, so footwear appropriate for hiking is a must.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking.
5. Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
LIABILITY : While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety.
Hope to see ya there.
Gyeonggi-do - Korea (South)
Saturday, March 18 at 10:15 AM