Climbing In Korea
Calling all CIK members, calling all CIKers!!
This is a chance for you to meet other like-minded people and spend a wonderful day on the mountain. We will start at the west end of Bukhansan, hitting four or six other small peaks and fortress gates along the way and make your way up to the peak(Baekundae) and end up at the east of Bukhansan(Uidong).
We’re estimating the hike to be about 11km long and to take about 6 hours depending on our speed and is of moderate difficulty. The hike will cover some steep and rocky terrain, and there are sections involving stairs and metal handrails. So you must be careful and know your ability. It is important to wear footwear appropriate for hiking since the trail has some rocky areas. It should be a fantastic day of hiking so don't miss this great opportunity!
Options: Those who would like to come down along the way, can come down from the ridge at any time. There are many trails leading down from the ridges on the way.
Where to Meet : Bulgwang station on line 3 & 6, exit #2
Date and Time : June 11th, Saturday at 09:45am
What to bring : Appropriate footwear for hiking, Clothing appropriate for the weather, Packed lunch to eat while hiking, Snacks, Plenty of water and etc.
- Money for Dinner(we will eat at a restaurant at the end of the hike and everyone is welcome!)
A few Notes:
1. Be extra careful while hiking. As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
2. The hike will have steep sections and will involve a lot of rocky terrain, so footwear appropriate for hiking is a must.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking.
5. Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
Hope to see ya there.
Seoul - Korea (South)
Saturday, June 11 at 9:45 AM