Climbing In Korea
Hello CIK Members!
Need a break from the hustle and bustle of Seoul? Want a natural river trekking experience free of crowds?
On Saturday July 2nd prepare to get wet as we combine the fun of A RIVER TREK IN ACHIMGARI VALLEY with CIK`s new commers. This is truly a beautiful, hidden secret of Korea`s wilderness. Don't miss out; reserve your seat now.
Its hot, but that's no reason to stay home! Come out with CIK for a special valley trek. We'll meet at Sports Complex Station and take a bus out of the city, to the countryside. This valley trek is easy walk along and through a cool and beautiful river. This will be a fun and easy trip. Beginners are welcome. It will be fantastic day!
Fee - 21,000 won by June 26th / 26,000won after (Round trip transportation ): 40 spots on the trip are first come, first served based on whoever pays first.
The trail follows alongside a creek nestled peacefully within a beautiful valley. As if the trees aren't refreshing enough, every so often we will cross the creek, sometimes using naturally placed stepping stones and other times treading the cool and perfectly clear currents with our feet completely submersed.
The day will be long and slippery so water shoes are required and you should bring a change of clothes and a towel because you will get wet! Also, bring a lunch, plenty of water and some cash for dinner.
Also recommended, but not required are waterproof bags or ziplock bags and a plastic bag to sit on the bus to keep things dry.
Destination: Achimgari Valley in Inje, Gangwondo
Where to meet - 07:30am Sport complex Stn. Line2 (#218), exit 1 outside.
Date - July 2nd, Saturday
What to bring- a packed lunch, lots of snack and water, some cash for dinner, suitable clothing and shoes for valley trekking, extra clothing, towel and etc.
7:35 Depart from Sport complex stn(line 2/#218), exit 1 outside
10:50 Arrive at the trail head for valley trekking and star the trek.
17:00 Finish the trek
17:30 Depart for Seoul and eat at a restaurant at the end of the hike or be stopping for dinner at a gas station on the way back to Seoul)
21:00 Arrive back in Seoul(depending on traffic)
A few Notes:
1. Please check the headline to know how many seats are left, we will be posting anouncements for the last ten spots. And as always it the First to pay gets the spot so if you want to come please pay as soon as possible!
2. Be extra careful while hiking(trekking). As you know, CIK is always a big group so we will need to help each other and stick together. This means slowing down for some and speeding up for some. If we help each other, it will be an awesome day.
3. Since CIK will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur on any hiking trip, we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings. We also strongly suggest shoes with good traction and ankle support!
4. Listen carefully to the organizers and do not go ahead or fall behind the group while hiking(trekking).
5. Hiking schedule and time might change according to weather, traffic, and etc. Please be flexible; we are all here to have a good time.
--How to sign up for this trip--
1. RSVP Yes!
2. Deposit money to:
Name: Kim Sung Won
Bank: Kookmin(KB) Bank
Account Number: 465101-01-028988
3. After you have made the deposit, please e-mail me at email@example.com with your full name on your account, phone number, amount paid and for what trip.
LIABILITY: While CIK is very considerate of the needs of its members, we cannot be held responsible for a hikers possessions, health, and/or safety so we highly recommend that you have your own personal form of medical insurance prior to attending all outings.
6 days before departure = 100% refund of deposit (June 26th or earlier)
48 hours to 5days before departure = 50% (June 27th-June 29th)
48 hours before departure to departure = 0% (June 30th or later)
Hope to see ya there!
Seoul - Korea (South)
Saturday, July 2 at 7:30 AM